This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the sites Plant Schrems in Austria and the Suchdol Plant in Czech Republic. Furthermore this position acts fully responsible as the Safety Officer (Sicherheitsfachkraft) to the legal entity Austria.
- Directing EHS activities at Schrems Plant and Suchdol Plant
- Establishing EHS objectives and targets
- Internal Reporting of EHS performance
- Communication of national, area and local regulatory requirements. Handle the contact to the local authorities as the function Safety Office (Sicherheitsfachkraft) in Austria
- Supporting the development and deployment of EHS management systems (ISO 14001 / ISO 50001 / ISO 45001 / ISO 22301) as well as the continuous improvement of the EHS system at Schrems Plant and Suchdol Plant
- Monitoring and analyzing EHS metrics and establish action plans to close gaps
- Assuring closure of MESH and regulatory findings on a timely basis
- Managing interfaces with the public authorities regarding Environmental, Health, Safety and Security topics in Austria and Czech Republic
- Creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the sites in EHS teams and processes
- Inspects incidents (including near misses, releases and losses) and accidents to direct preventive and corrective action plans
- Degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent
- Professional Safety Certification (Sicherheitsfachkraft) required.
- EOQ certified Manager and Auditor for EHS and Process Management recommended
- Proficiency in local languages (German) as well as English in spoken and written form
- Three+ years’ experience in Environmental Management Systems
- Deep knowledge in various standards for management systems (ISO 14001 / ISO 50001 / ISO 45001 / ISO 22301) and understanding of national laws to drive legal compliance
- Working knowledge of quality and EHS tools eg. statistic methods, problem solving, continuous improvement, occupational health & safety, industrial hygiene
- Experienced in contact with public authorities
- Experienced in leading functional and cross-functional team
- Way of working is ethical, passionate and accountable, also being efficient, transparent and continously learning.
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
Depending on the qualification, we offer a compensation according to the Austrian collective bargaining agreement of the electrical and electronics industry in the respective employment group taking into account the years of service in the respective employment group, willingness to overpay depending on the relevant professional experience and qualification.